Canadian supplier of suede and glazed tanned fish leather skins for custom manufacturing.
Sea Leather Wear began marketing fish leather in 2005, in association with Mermaid Leather International Ltd. Mermaid Leather was a division of a publicly traded Calgary based company, operated by Lionel Conn. Lionel mentored the development of the website for marketing a large stock of this leather. Sadly, Lionel passed away in the spring of 2021. He was the risk-taker who funded the development of a method for removing the scales and the odor from fish, during tanning.
The fish leather tanning process retains the natural scale patterns of the fish. The leather is offered in a soft suede or a firm glazed finish, in a variety of colors.
This remarkable quality leather is resilient and strong. The leather has been used for making all sorts of apparel and accessories. Additional uses have been for jewelry, for bookbinding and costumes, for fiber art, as trim, and as a craft material. The leather offers a unique texture, a distinctive scale pattern and a competitive price to most reptile and exotic skins available in the market.
Free North American shipping, with a $100 minimum purchase.
We offer these categories of products:
|Swatch Packets||Sampler Packages||Stocklots|
|Factory Seconds||End Use Products||Skin Odds and Ends|
|Fish Leather Crust|
Here is a product breakdown with sub-categories:
- Swatch Packets 6 products
- Sampler Packages 19 products
- Stocklots 76 products
- Glazed Carp Leather Stocklots in a Color Variety 2 products
- Suede Carp Stocklots in a Color Variety 5 products
- Suede Mix of Species 1 product
- Glazed Carp Leather Stocklots by Specific Colors 29 products
- Suede Carp Stocklots by Color Groups 5 products
- Suede Carp Stocklots by Specific Colors 18 products
- Suede Perch Leather Stocklots 8 products
- Suede Salmon Leather Stocklots 8 products
- Factory Seconds 11 products
- Odds and Ends 25 products
- End Use Products 109 products
- Dried Undyed Crust 3 products